Important: Parents, please click on this link to learn more about a new online system that will provide you with information about upcoming events at GCI. Go to GCI's homepage and sign up for "School-Day."
The esl/eld program
The ESL and ELD magnet program is designed to help English language learners develop the skills they need to develop proficiency in everyday English and, most especially, the proficiency in academic English that will allow them to integrate successfully into the mainstream school program.
Click the link below to see the "Pathways to English Chart"
esl/eld teachers and staff
• Ms. Lowes - ESL Department Head (English, Geography)
• Ms. Hardie (English, Family Studies)
• Ms. Graham (Math)
• Ms. Bell (History, Civics/Careers, Science)
• Ms. Harris-Bagley (ESL Educational Assistant)
• Ms. Ropp (Guidance Counsellor)
• Faryal Anwar (Settlement Worker - YMCA - 519-575-6710)
The following links will connect you to the greater newcomer community and to various helpful resources.
Click on "Learn More" to access the ESL/ELD Course Selection Forms (through GCI Guidance).